For fans of my Night Creatures series, you can vote for which actors you’d like to see in a movie adaptation of Burn Bright over at the IF list. Follow the list and add your own favourites to it!
We’re excited here at the Escape Club to be welcoming our new LGBTQ blogger Natasha. Tash will be writing in the new YOUR LIFE section about issues young people face (and having some fun along the way).
My name is Natash and I’m going to be your new LGBTQ contributor here in the Explorers Club. I’m a lesbian lifestyle blogger who’s obsessed with finding the funny in any situation. Basically I’m here, I’m queer, and I’m going to make you laugh while we hash out a variety of LGBTQ topics. If there any topics you want to hear about any questions on your mind fire them at me.
Read Tash’s bio:
1. Glamour is my life, and by glamour I mean eating dark chocolate in bed and watching anything by Lena Dunham.
2. I will sacrifice a relative for WIFI in emergency and non-emergency situations. (Emergency situation being defined as needing to post something I believe to be witty on Twitter)
3. Somedays I want to give it all up and become a Housewife of some American city. Then I remember fake nails and the short bald men that come with that empire, so I refocus.
4. I believe Jay-Z and I may very well share a father on account of our “Hustler’s Spirit”.
5. Llana Glazer is my Spirit Animal. K-Wiig is Queen. (Kristen, if you are reading this call me.)
Writer, comedienne, career lesbian and blogger. You can find most of Tash’s thoughts at www.Effort-Lez.com
The entry form for 2015 applications can be found at the Text Publishing website.
The prize is open to writers of all ages based in Australia and New Zealand; only hard copy submissions delivered by post are accepted. Further terms and conditions can be found on the entry form.
Previous winners of prize have gone on to become best-sellers, award-winners and international rights successes. This year Text will publish more YA/Children’s than ever before as we continue to grow this part of our publishing repertoire. The Text Prize is a headline act of that repertoire and we look forward to growing it further in 2015.