Chubby Tacos by Lisa Smith
- 3 cups of cooked shredded chicken
- 6-8 ounces (170-230 grams) of softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- ½ cup of salsa
- 1 ½ cup of shredded cheese (I used the Mexican mixed bag!)
- 1 ½ cup of baby spinach, no stems
- Salt and pepper
- 10 inch (25.5cm) flour tortillas
- 1-2 cups of corn oil
- In a large bowl combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, and spinach. Give it a taste. Salt and pepper if you desire.
- On a slice of tortilla, scoop about 2-3 spoons of your chicken mixture. Roll it up and set it down, so that the opening is on the bottom, to keep it closed. If you add too much filling it may leak out while frying later, so don’t stuff it too full! No matter how tempting it might be!
- Continue doing this until your chicken stuffing runs out.
- In a large pot, pour about 1-2 cups of corn oil, or until there is a good layer covering the bottom of your pot. Allow it to heat up on a medium setting before putting in your chubby tacos.
- When the oil is hot, gently place your chubby tacos into the pot with the opening at the bottom. Allow each side to brown and place on a plate with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Enjoy with your favorite beans and rice!