Super Soft/Moist/Delicious Chocolate Cake by Lisa Smith
I made this recipe for my boyfriend’s birthday after messing up chocolate dip twice! I didn’t want to throw away the good (and expensive) chocolate, and decided to make a cake! It’s really simple, and only requires ingredients that you’ll probably have on hand! Everyone seemed to like it, especially since I didn’t even get a piece 🙂
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 ½ sticks of unsalted room temperature butter
- 1 ½ cups of hot water
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and butter you crown bund cake form, or any other form you choose!
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat up the semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 ½ cups of butter. This shouldn’t become dipping chocolate—it should become thicker than that, almost as if you put your dipping chocolate in the microwave for too long. But you also don’t want to burn it.
- In your electric mixing bowl, combine your chocolate butter mixture and the hot cup of water and slowly mix it. Add the rest of your butter (1 stick), vanilla extract and sugar. Continue mixing.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In small segments, add the flour mixture and milk to your chocolate mixture. Take turns between the flour and milk, mixing between each addition.
- Allow this to bake for about thirty minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle. Before taking it out of your bund form, please be sure to let it cool. Frost with your desired frosting, and ENJOY!